Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 16 ]  Przejdź na stronę 1, 2  Następna
 Allerod 
Autor Wiadomość
Szajkowiec
Awatar użytkownika

Post Allerod
KLIK

czarrna pisze:

I listened this parts of conwersation with extraordinary interest. Alicja went to make the coffe. I helped her in the hope that it will be faster and Edek will say something more. Later was lacking cream, sugar, savoury sticks, beer, cognak, Swiss chocolate and Polish cheescake, cigarets and fruits. All the time faint profiles appeared and disappeared in the door and purple legs appeared and disappeared under the lamp. Edek got the coffe, calmed down and became silent. Probably he was exhausted after his shorst and energetic show.
- To tell you the truth it isn’t the end – said Alicja nervous when she sat next to me. – Włodzio and Marianne will arrived.
- My God! Also to you!?
- Yes. If Elżbieta and Leszek leave earlier I will have the room for them. If not I will have to rent them the room in the hotel. What’s more I don’t have more bedclothes. Further I don’t know when they will arriver because they are travelling all the time.
- Where they are now? – I asked mechanical. This invasion on Allerod stupefied me thorought and I didn’t know what I said. In fact it was completly indifferent to me where was Włodzio and Marianne. The worst thing was that they are coming here.

I tried to translate my own book but I gave up. It's terrible work

Ostatnio zmieniony pt paź 27, 2006 8:36 pm przez Pumex, łącznie zmieniany 4 razy

sob sie 26, 2006 4:14 pm
Wyświetl profil WWW
Bezlitosny admin
Awatar użytkownika

we both with Pumex decided to keep translating Allerod :)
Feel free to translate some parts, don't be angry with someone who will correct you. Ok? We will do it for fun and for practise English :)
Maybe we'll create the best translation of Allerod

So... Go to work! ;) I can start (if only I'll finish watching Lost, becouse I'm so curious that I can't stop watching it :D )

Serdunio, I count on you! :)

ndz paź 22, 2006 6:44 pm
Grupa trzymająca władzę
Awatar użytkownika

ufff, I understand Leg's post up their, but I'm affraid, I don't understand much what You will be translated. But what for is my Allerod? Ha, it could be a great fun! I'm waiting ..... (here I was looked to the http://www.getionary.pl/search?query=ni ... _ang&ln=pl ) impatience :lol:

http://www.jaroslawkozlowski.com Fotografia ślubna

ndz paź 22, 2006 6:57 pm
Bezlitosny admin
Awatar użytkownika

Just check on the old forum :) We are translating Everything Red, but we decided that Allerod sounds better :)

ndz paź 22, 2006 7:02 pm
Bezlitosny admin
Awatar użytkownika

Ok, next part :D ( i thought that we are much farther )

- I suppose in Belgium.
- Oh, yes, it is on the way, indeed. It is known that Danmark is placed on straight rout from Belgium to Switzerland..
- They're not coming back to Switzerland yet, they are going to Norway. Is he sleeping?
- I have no idea. I'm wondering what did he write to me...
- Did you get some letter from him?
- I did. I have not read it yet, becouse I lost it somewhere. Somebody interrupped me when I received mail, and I put it somewhere, but I don't know where. I tried to look for it before Edek's arrived, but I couldn't. I have no idea what he is talking about. When he is drunk, he is unpredictable.

I was thinking if I should tell her then what kind of bussines I had with Edek. It could be that this thing I was interested to is related with something that Edek was trying to shout. Maybe Alicja also knew something... After while I decided to wait. Whatever I would told her right now, she would not remember. Then I would have to say it again. No, it is unnecessary...

[I didn't think it would be so hard!]

Ostatnio zmieniony wt paź 24, 2006 9:11 pm przez Legs, łącznie zmieniany 2 razy

wt paź 24, 2006 8:52 pm
Grupa trzymająca władzę
Awatar użytkownika

[I changed computer in the meantime and lost "wszystko czerwone". I dont' have it here with me. sorry!]

"Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."/Jack Layton/

Ostatnio zmieniony wt paź 24, 2006 9:49 pm przez serdunio, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz

wt paź 24, 2006 9:07 pm
Wyświetl profil WWW
Grupa trzymająca władzę
Awatar użytkownika

Just before midnight Eva gave a signal to finish the celebration. Alicia turned on the light (situated) the other side of the building(house), above the door next to the gate, and finally we could see anything. Everybody, except Edek, came out on the road (next to Roj and Henryk's cars), to say goodbye. Edek was sleeping under the lamp.
- Peace and quiet at last! -said Zosia with the tired voice, when we came back to the deck. - Leave it, I'm going to clean it. Come on Pawel, get yourself busy! And turn on the light in the room, it'll be brighter here. Alicia, leave that and take care of Edek.
- Leave Edek for later - I adviced, puting the cups on the tray - it's better to get the bed ready for him first and then just move him there.
- Give Pawel back to me, he'll help me move the bed-sheets - said Alicia - thank God there is nothing more to celebrate!
Elzbieta, under her father's influence started to do the dishes. We cleaned up the deck, Leszek and Pawel carried some chairs into the room and helped Alicia to move some furniture around, to get ready for the night.
-Who is going to sleep on the catafalque(??) - I asked Zosia, lowering my voice, while I was moving away cardboard boxes that we were using as tables.
-Edek - answered Zosia with the same lower voice, just so Alice wouldn't hear us. - But I think it'd be better to lay him down right here, one the sofa for today. To the catafalque we'd have to drag him up the stairs or through three rooms.
- Go and tell it to Alicia...

"Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."/Jack Layton/

śr paź 25, 2006 12:22 am
Wyświetl profil WWW
Szajkowiec
Awatar użytkownika

(I'm not thinking today, so please, correct me :) Yes Serdunio, I'm talking to You :P. Legs, thank You for helping me ;))

Catafalque, which wasn’t authentic catafalque, but very complicated bed for paresis persons, was standing on the elevation in the two floors Thorkild’s atelier, which was built on to rest of the house. This bed was very high, and you had to climb as for the highest bed in the train, so everyone, during climbing were thinking about wax-candles and incenses. It wasn’t very cosy place to sleep. Alicja hated calling it “Catafalque”, so we were avoiding to call it like it, when she was near us, but sometimes it was really difficult.
- Maybe you are right? – she told now unsteadily, looking from a long distance on Edek, who was now sleeping on one of armchairs on terrace, with his head leaned – in fact, it will be easier to put him one the sofa.
- So who will be sleeping on the catafalque? – asked Paweł – Oh, sorry, I wanted to tell on the pedestal…
- Paweł! – exclaimed Zosia, who saw a sparkle in Alicja’s eyes.
- Sorry, on this… labor table – Pawel corrected himself immediately – Oh sorry, on the operating table...
- Paweł!
- Ok, so I'm saying nothing for now…
- Who was sleeping on the sofa up to now? – I asked loudly, to stop their indiscretions.
- Elżbieta was – told Zosia with relief in her voice – Elżbieta will be slleping on this podium… I mean on this… bed.
- - Elżbieta! – screamed Alicja, clearly disgusted by complicates – Are you ready to sleep in the coffin?
- I can sleep there – answered calmly Elżbieta, who appeared in the kitchen with the plate in her hand. – Where have you got a coffin?
- In the atelier
- Some new purchase? – asked Elżbieta with a little, complaisant interest. – I haven’t seen nothing like that.
- I’m talking about catafalque – explained Alicja harshly. – If they said, it’s catafalque, why can I call it coffin?

czw paź 26, 2006 7:48 pm
Wyświetl profil WWW
Szajkowiec
Awatar użytkownika

- Oh catafalque, I understand! Yes of course, I can sleep on this monument. I never have got any dreams. Do I have to sleep in Edek’s bedding?
- You can if you want to, but you don’t have to…
I haven’t got any experience in taking care on drunk people, and in fact I'm not a good person for things like that, so I wasn’t helping them to wake up and transport Edek to his bed. I ran over the house before Zosia’s scream, crashing with Paweł in the doors.
There was a light in the room, so I clearly seen lurid, looking up face, immovable, inertly fallen down arm, and his widely open eyes, which were looking up, on the sky.
Edek was dead

pt paź 27, 2006 6:06 pm
Wyświetl profil WWW
Bezlitosny admin
Awatar użytkownika

Next day, after extremely exhausting night, sleepy, we all were eating breakfast, looking (w napięciu!?) at Alicja, who was receiving another call from police. Police took unreasoning pleasure in keeping contackt with us. From 1:30 to 5 a.m. huge crowd of police officers was penetrating house and the garden, looking for unspecified for now thing, that was used to kill Edek and trying to communicate with us in Danish. The results of their trying was rather weak.The cold comfort [in meaning: niewielka pociecha ;) ] was thought that in the same time someone else is making happy these four of us from Roskilde and Hvidovre, teared out of sleep..

pt paź 27, 2006 6:55 pm
Szajkowiec
Awatar użytkownika

It was sure, that it was a crime. Edek was killed by something sharp that someone stuck between his ribs. It reached his heart, and killed him. Police didn’t find anything, which could be used to kill Edek. Police couldn’t get any informations form Edek’s friends, who were shocked. No one was suspected.

Ostatnio zmieniony sob paź 28, 2006 7:34 am przez Pumex, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz

pt paź 27, 2006 7:09 pm
Wyświetl profil WWW
Bezlitosny admin
Awatar użytkownika

The level of our stupefaction was different. Alicja was keeping herself good, mostly becouse of Leszek's presence, who was support for her for many years. Crying into his jacket helped her. Leszek and Elzbieta were keeping philosophic calm, which was their familiar characteristic. Zosia completely lost her balance and she was dropping everything, Pawel was fascinated of sensation, he was making a big effort to hide his fascination, me, for couple reasons, I was feeling completely disgusted.
I didn't come to Allerod for couple weeks to find daed bodies at the begining!

Ostatnio zmieniony pt paź 27, 2006 7:56 pm przez Legs, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz

pt paź 27, 2006 7:22 pm
Szajkowiec
Awatar użytkownika

Next call from very polite police was informed Alicja about new details.
- He was professionally jabed, with some special, thin, sharpen, long dagger – she told with sight, putting the earphone down.
- A broach! – Slipped out from Pawel's mouth
- Leave the broatch!
- No broach, but a dagger – answered Alicja in the same time. – Maybe spring, I don’t know if spring daggers exist, but they think he was killed with something like that. They’ll come here in a few minutes, because it was difficult for them, to find it in the darkness. They are going to make a investigation. Eat faster.
- How they know, that it was spring dagger? – Asked Zosia with some disgust in her voice – There was anything in Edek!
- Because the trace is looking as after dagger. Eat faster…
- Do you think, it is necessary for us to choke en block? The haven’t got enough work?
- Eat faster… - said Alicja with groan in her voice. She probably wasn’t able to said anything else.
We ate faster, but without any appetite, and we cleaned the kitchen. We could ate more slowly, because the police came after one and a half an hour. I was interested in, how they're going to manage with us.

pt paź 27, 2006 7:56 pm
Wyświetl profil WWW
Bezlitosny admin
Awatar użytkownika

All translating complications from last night coused that for [leading] invastigation was chosen sir Muldgaard, very thin, very tall, very colourless and very Scandinavian. Sir Muldgaard, whos rank was a mistery for us for ever, had some relatives from Poland, so he was able to speak Polish. There was a hope, that we could communicate with him. The language he was using seemed to be very original, it sounded sometimes a little religious and was against polish grammar, however we could understand him. Sir Muldgaard understrood us much better than we understrood him, and that was more important for police. He seemed to be very syphatic and we all frankly wished him luck.

pt paź 27, 2006 8:38 pm
Szajkowiec
Awatar użytkownika

He came with a small group of contributors, and told them to find something steel- made, slim and sharpness in the house and garden. He told all of us to sit near long, low table in the biggest room, and sat down on the armchair with big notebook in his hand. The investigation started from the beginning. Alicja was delegate to help other policemen, so there were only Polish-spoken person around the table, and Mr. Muldgaard, who theoretically was speaking Polish…

//- Azali były osoby mrowie a mrowie? [Were there a lot of people?] – he asked with polite, unofficial interest.
<b>Zgodnie wytzeszczyliśmy na niego oczy. </b>Pawel made some strange noise. Zosia congealed with a cigarette and a lighter in Her hands. Leszek and Elżbieta who looked very similar, were staring at him with stilled eye with the same, mysterious <b>wyrazem twarzy.</B> No one was answering.
- <b>Azali były osoby mrowie a mrowie? [Were there a lot of people?] –</b> he repeated patiently.
- What does it mean? - Slipped out from Pawel's mouth with a lot of interest in his voice.
- I think, that he is asking, how many people ware there – I told with a bit of doubt.
- Yes! – said Mr. Muldgaard – How many?
- Eleven – said Leszek calmly and polite
<b>- Kto były owe? [Who was there?]</b>

//
It wasn’t easy to accommodate to specific form of Mr. Muldaagard questions, and we didn’t know what language we should use to answer him. We gave him names of persons, who were at Alicja’s house during the crime. We squared the time in which we have all gone on the terrace, and we told him, who was Edek for us. Mr. Muldgaard was noting everything. Then came more difficult things.

sob paź 28, 2006 5:05 pm
Wyświetl profil WWW
Odpowiedz w temacie   [ Posty: 16 ]  Przejdź na stronę 1, 2  Następna